Thursday, November 30, 2006

Feedback Required! (OK, Graciously Requested?!)

Good morning, faithful readers! (All six of you...)


Lookie what I got for my birthday! I've been at it for about two hours now and I've selected and uploaded maybe 150 songs. That's about a gazillionth of the capacity of this gem!

At first, I was searching for music at a frenetic clip, fast and furious, entering all my favorite artists and eagerly watching the file expand. Kid in a candy store definitely comes to mind...!

But it's very late and my mind has gone blank and turned to mush... and I can't think of my gazillion other favorite artists! And that's where you come in.

Can you recommend a song or five for me? I'd love to discover some new tunes! What kind of music do I like, you ask? Well, here's a small sampling of the artists I've downloaded so far tonight:

  • Jack Johnson
  • Ben Folds
  • Dixie Chicks
  • Evanescence
  • The Eagles
  • Stamitz
  • Death Cab for Cutie
  • Mozart
  • Joni Mitchell
  • Billy Joel

So... what else should I put onto my new toy?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

blackcrag said...

the Dave Matthews Band, the Counting Crows, the Wallflowers, Ben Harper, KT Tunstall, Norah Jones, Dire Straits, BareNaked Ladies, Blue Rodeo, Billy Joel, Elton John, Van Morrison.

In no particular order, of course. What a cool little toy.

Dixie said...

Excellent gift you got there!

How about some...Wilco, U2, Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles, Badly Drawn Boy, Snow Patrol, The Feeling, Keane..for starters anyway.

Or go to my blog and look at every Friday posting for the Friday Shuffle. You're bound to find something you like there with about 18 months of Fridays to choose from.

Dixie said...

Oh! And Great Big Sea. You gotta have some Great Big Sea.

vailian said...

If you don't have it, add the Four Last Songs by Richard Strauss, sung by Jessye Norman. Kind of blows everything else off the block.

but then add some Tom Lehrer to cheer things up a bit.

Carol said...

You guys (all four of you; I over-estimated my readership... ha-ha!!) ROCK!! Thanks for the suggestions. I promise to heed every one of them.

I read some of the suggestions and thought, "Duh! How could I have forgotten..." And with other names I thought, "Who's that?"

My kids definitely approve of just about all your suggestions, though... which is proof of y'all's (ihr) HIPNESS!

Thanks again!

Carol

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I just found your blog..don't forget some Dylan, The Supremes, Judy Collins, Taj Mahal, Chuck Mangione, the Four Tops....oh, and Jim Croce.

Betsy said...

Your tastes seem to be pretty varied. (Looks kind of like a playlist on my iPod! ;-) )

Need a couple more?
"New Slang" by the Shins
"The Promise" by When in Rome
"This Love" by Maroon 5
"Mardy Bum" by the Arctic Monkeys
"Snow" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Isaac" by Madonna

You could also go to Pandora and type in your favorite song / artist and it creates a radio station based on the "DNA" of that music. It's always a good place to go when you want to discover new stuff.

(http://www.pandora.com/)

Related Posts with Thumbnails